Thursday, July 23, 2015

Any Vendor Embellishment Contest

Hello friends :)  Take a look at Deanne's latest creation using our "Tea Party" set!  

Our Friendship's Like a Cup of Tea

Deanne has a crafting style of her own, that I personally love! I think I could pick out a photo of her card from 100 of them, and here's just a few things I love about Deanne's style...
  • she pays attention to details, adding glitter and crystal effects to just the right parts
  • she's great at embellishing her cards whether it's 3d flowers, beads, ribbon/twine, buttons or charms
  • she adds extra eye candy to spruce up her photos, like the crinkley papers & buttons below her card and colored photo borders that match her card colors.  :)  
What sets YOU apart?  ☺
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Embellishment Contest
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please link up to your best cards that show your favorite embellishment!  You may link up to 3 cards per person.  They don't have to be new, they just have to be yours!  They can use ANY vendors' images.  I will draw a winner or winners (depending on how many links we get) on August 15th who will win a $15 gift certificate to our digi shop! 





7 comments:

Silvis Kreativstube said...

Hallo liebe Deanne,

Die Karte ist wunderschön gestaltet. Ich bin begeistert von der wunderschönen Dekoration und Coloration des Motivs.Hugs Silvi

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

What a fab idea Kris.

I'm pretty envious of Deanne's style as well, especially the way she sets up her photos with all the little extras and those cool backgrounds.

Unfortunately, as much as I love realistic 3-D elements, I have found that mailing these bulkier cards is just way too expensive. Some of my cards have cost between 5 and 8 dollars just for the postage alone, given where some of them are mailed to. Given the number of cards I mail each year, it gets rather expensive. That is one of the reasons I have fallen in love with digital embellishments for many of my creations. Granted the card doesn't look as great as one with 3D elements but at least I am able to add something to give it more of a pizazz and still afford to mail it.

Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

Thanks so much Kris! What an awesome idea! Gorgeous creation by Deanne. Love her style. I have had to cut back on embellishments due to sending so many cards; so many of mine have a lot less embellishments now than they use to. The cost is more than it costs to buy a ready made card.

Be sure to register for a chance to win FREE blog candy. Visit my blog and it is right at the top of the posts. Hugs, Gloria

http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

Thanks so much Kris! What an awesome idea! Gorgeous creation by Deanne. Love her style. I have had to cut back on embellishments due to sending so many cards; so many of mine have a lot less embellishments now than they use to. The cost is more than it costs to buy a ready made card.

Be sure to register for a chance to win FREE blog candy. Visit my blog and it is right at the top of the posts. Hugs, Gloria

http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

monique said...

its a beauty

Sandra said...

It is a very sweet card.

KT Fit Kitty said...

Deanne's card is beautiful! So many details to look at! I enjoy making embellished cards like this, but lately I've simplified my style and I've been making CAS cards with few embellishments, mostly sequins, which I love.

When I started stamping 10 years ago, I only made CAS cards so I guess I've sort of returned to my roots. On the other hand, I miss making the embellished cards because they are a lot of fun to load up with goodies and they have the Wow factor for the recipient. Some of my favourite items to add to embellished cards are flowers, charms, buttons, ribbon, and die cuts.

I'll go have a look on my blog and will link up a few cards. I'll pick one CAS card with sequins and two with lots of embellishments.

I wouldn't say I have a style that sets me apart, other than I like to make a lot of kitty cards LOL. I'll be back shortly... thanks for the contest - that's an awesome prize!